In this short tutorial I’ll show you how to record Netflix streaming video to your PC and, in one step, convert it to play on any media device using the Audials One software.
You can download Audials One by clicking here. And, of course, you’ll need a Netflix “Watch Instantly” account.
You need to know the Netflix streaming process won’t allow any software to record the video directly but you can easily record it using Audials One as it plays on your screen.
The process is simple because of the sophisticated Audials software. It will automatically identify and record only the area of your screen in which the video is playing and the sound playing through your sound card.
I’m being very thorough in describing the steps here but it’s really more like click, click, click and you’re recording. A short video and step-by-step text instructions are shown.
How to Record Netflix Streaming Video – Step-by-Step
1. Open Audials One.
2. Click the “Capture” tab.
3. Pick the file format you want from the pull-down menu from the “Convert” menu.
4. Click the “Screen Recording” button and a small window with “Manual” and “Auto” capture area options will open.
5. Select the “Auto” recording option and a small “Screen capture wizard” window will open at the top of your screen. (Don’t do anything with it yet.)
6. Open Netflix.com and find the video you want to record. Get the download started and pause the video at the point the recording should start. (I’ll assume you already have an internet browser open. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari are all supported.)
7. Click “Start” in the small “Screen capture wizard” window at the top of your screen.
8. Now just play the video in your browser.
The rest of the process is pretty automatic. Audials will detect the video window automatically and start recording Netflix. Don’t use your computer while the video is being recorded. Close other applications if you don’t get a smooth frame rate. (And, it helps if someone else on your internet connection isn’t playing Warcraft!)
Audials automatically detects when the video has finished (if it doesn’t, you can click “Stop” in the record window). You can also set a “stop in” timer to end the recording automatically.
Wait until the recording is converted to the format you selected in the “Convert” menu. The conversion progress is shown on screen.
The converted file will be listed on the right side of the Audials menu. You can click on the file name to play it in the Audials player and see the finished results. You can also play the saved file with any player that supports the file format.
You’re done! Now you can record Netflix or any similar site.
If you haven’t already downloaded Audials You can download Audials One by clicking here.
[big_button color=”green” url=”http://mirror.audials.com/audialsone/download.php?affiliate=200138099″ desc=”73.06MB”] Download Now [/big_button]
Now you can play the videos you’ve downloaded anytime off-line, on your smartphone, or iPod, iPad, etc. And, you can record from any site, not just Netflix.
The videos from many sites are even easier to record. Audials will detect the streaming video automatically and download it separately from the screen view. Often it’s only a fraction of the time it takes to record the screen.
Related Article: How to Capture Netflix Video
If you have any questions about how to record Netflix please leave a comment. Thanks!