Replay Media Catcher makes it easy to capture streaming video from Vimeo in just a few steps. It will automatically find and record the video as it streams to your PC and then convert it to the format you need to play on your PC, smartphone, iPod, or other media player. You can also select a format that’s ready to burn to CD or DVD.
Download a free demo version of Replay Media Catcher here. Try it, and if it works for you the cost to purchase a license is less than a couple of DVDs and you can save just about any streaming video to your hard drive with it. (Please Note: The demo version of will capture 100% of YouTube videos but it’s limited to 75% of videos from other sites.)
Tutorial – How to Record Vimeo Streaming Video
Here’s short tutorial showing how fast and easy it is to record:
1. Download and install a copy of Replay Media Catcher.
2. Open the software. You’ll see a screen that looks like this:
3. Click the “Start Recording” button. It will turn from green to red:
4. Go to Vimeo.com and start playing the clip you want to capture:
5. It will start recording automatically as soon as the video starts playing in your browser. When it finishes the download – usually faster than real time – the file name will appear in the main screen with a green check mark like this:
Replay Media Catcher will automatically name the download. (If you want to, you can rename it by right-clicking and selecting “Rename and/or edit tag info.”)
6. To play the video right-click on the name in the main screen, then click “Play Media”.
7. The video will automatically start playing in the Flash video player. It looks like this:
That’s it! It’s really that fast and easy to record video from Vimeo.
8. Now that you know how to record Vimeo video you can also record video from thousands of other sites. And, you can record multiple videos at the same time. Just start playing the first video you want to capture and it will automatically start recording. After that you can move on to another video and start capturing it at the same time. You can record as many simultaneous video streams as your internet connection can handle.
Learn more about capturing streaming video with Replay Media Catcher.
All tutorials and reviews are based on actual use of the products described. We’re streaming media enthusiasts and do this stuff everyday so we know how to capture streaming video and audio and convert it so we can play it on the devices we love.
All trademarked names and images are the properties of their respective owners. No infringement on those trademarks is intended. Always respect the intellectual property rights of others. rty rights of others.